ORTHODONTIC DIET CHART
Foods that cannot be cleaned off the braces may lead to discoloration and decay of your teeth. Even though our braces and wires are metal, they are fragile and are usually damaged by eating the wrong foods, thus taking us longer to finish our treatment.
GUM chew sugarless stick gum only
MINIMIZE SUGAR INTAKE
Eat Much Less
Drink Much Less
AVOID CHEWING ON PENS,PENCILS, FINGERNAILS
BRUSHING AND FLOSSING WITH BRACES
- 1 step ) Using a dry brush with a small amount of toothpaste place bristles where gums and teeth meet.
- 2 Step ) For 10 seconds on each tooth use circular, vibrating motions around the gum lines.
- 3 Step ) Every tooth of both arches should be brushed slowly.
- 4 Step ) Brush the lower teeth from gum line up and the upper teeth from the gum line down. Brush the roof of your mouth and your tongue too!
- 1 step ) Carefully thread unwaxed floss between braces and wire. You may find a floss threader helpful.
- 2 Step ) Carefully floss around the braces.
- 3 Step ) Carefully floss around the gum areas
- 4 Step )Carefully floss around each tooth.